Bethany Village is a continuing care retirement community sponsored by Graceworks Lutheran Services. Bethany provides a wide range of residential options, assisted living and a full continuum of healthcare services for senior adults.
Bethany features 158 cottage homes in one-, two- and three-bedroom designs available in single and attached configurations. As part of a $47 million expansion project completed in 2009, Bethany added 30 new villas, 30 spacious apartments, a Village Center and a Memory Support Center. The villas each include a master suite, den, guest room and two-car garage. Nine new Grand Cottages were completed in the fall of 2012.
The apartments in Park Ridge Place include a den, master suite, balcony or patio and a below-grade parking garage. There are nearly 200 apartment residences with a wide variety of sizes and styles including suites and one-, two-, and three-bedroom floor plans. Many offer lake views, walkout patios and premium views.
The Village Center is the heart of our 100-acre community, featuring common areas for fitness, lifelong learning, large and small social gatherings and an Art Center. The continuum includes assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, long-term nursing care. Memory supportive care creates a home environment for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or other memory impairment.
What is a continuing care retirement community?
Across the United States, aging services professionals overwhelmingly agree that a continuing care retirement community like Bethany Village provides the greatest financial security, value and peace of mind for older adults and their families.
A continuing care retirement community offers accommodations at every level:
· apartment, cottage and villa residential options;
· common areas for fitness, education and socializing;
· assisted living options;
· rehabilitation services;
· long-term nursing care; and
· memory-supportive care.
The beauty of this concept is best illustrated if and when residents require assistance as they age. If needs change, residents are secure in knowing that quality supportive services and care are available either at home through personal care services or in a familiar and professionally staffed environment. Collectively, we call our continuum of services the Bethany Village lifestyle.
What is the Bethany Village lifestyle?
At Bethany Village we cater to the whole person, emphasizing your physical, social, mental and spiritual well-being. With over 300 life enrichment opportunities a month, you can do as little or as much as you want. Common areas and amenities at Bethany Village are designed to promote active aging and personal growth.
What types of common areas and amenities are provided at Bethany Village?
- Village Center, the heart of the community with opportunities for life enrichment
- Fitness Center staffed by a full-time exercise physiologist
- Aerobics room for aerobic activity and strength training
- Lounges, patios and libraries located in several residential areas
- Classrooms for lifelong learning programs
- Art Center for classes and exhibits
- Computer Center for access to the Internet and Bethany Connect, an online source of community information just for Bethany residents and their families
- Fountain Place Restaurant and Vista Place dining room
- Bistro in the Village Center for coffee, casual dining and gathering with friends
- Village Shop for gifts and life incidentals
- Nondenominational chapel
- Salon and barber services
- Full-service bank
- Post office
- Supplemental storage areas
- Wellness Services Center
- Lifetime trails outdoor fitness stations
- Two-level, below-grade parking garage for Homestead & Park Ridge Place residents
- Scenic walkways throughout the campus
- Reflection Lake stocked for fishing
What types of fees do residents of Bethany Village pay?
As with most not-for-profit senior living communities, Bethany Village residents pay a one-time entrance fee and a monthly service fee upon moving to the community.
The entrance fee is the initial investment into the community to access the entire scope of hospitality and on-site healthcare services. These benefits include priority access to the Bethany Rehabilitation Center for short-term convalescent stays.
The entrance fee varies according to the type of residence and services selected. A current fee schedule is available during scheduled presentations with a Bethany Senior Living Consultant.
What is included in the monthly service fee?
All home and grounds upkeep is maintained by our own dedicated and courteous Bethany Village staff. You will have no more mowing the lawn, raking leaves, washing windows or cleaning gutters. Also included in your Monthly Service Fee are basic cable, waste removal and all utilities—everything except telephone and Internet service. As another benefit, you won’t have to pay for homeowner’s insurance any longer. The Monthly Service Fee for an apartment, cottage or villa varies according to the size and floor plan and entitles you to enjoy the following services, programs and amenities:
- Choices in dining services and access to a fine-dining restaurant
- Meals selected from daily menus
- Special dietary accommodations
- The services of a dietitian
- A private dining room for family, guests or special occasions
- A host/hostess to seat you (Fountain Place Restaurant)A “no tipping” policy
- Extra meals for guests at a minimal charge
- Periodic outside window cleaning and other heavy housekeeping twice a year
- Washers and dryers in each residence (Homestead, Park Ridge Place, cottages, villas). Washers and dryers also are available on each floor of Vista Place for resident convenience at no charge on each floor of Vista Place for resident convenience
- Weekly housekeeping service, including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and the bathrooms (Vista Place)
- Maintenance and groundskeeping
- General maintenance repairs and replacement of appliances, heating and air conditioning equipment owned by Bethany Village
- General upkeep of the community’s grounds including lawns, trees and shrubbery, landscaping, parking areas, and snow and leaf removal
- Security check of residences when residents are away
- Security service during evening hours
- Fire alarms, smoke alarms and sprinkler systems throughout the community
- Lighting and security in designated resident and visitor parking areas
- Brinks Security Systems for all villas and cottages
- Emergency response systems
- Below-grade, secured parking garage
- Wellness/Fitness Centers
- The Village Fitness Center with a full-time, on-site exercise physiologist
- Scheduled aerobics, strength training, and PACE® (People with Arthritis Can Exercise)
- Free weights, treadmills, recumbent steppers and bikes
- Classrooms for health education programs
- Wellness service center with nurses on staff
- Outdoor Fitness Stations and Life Trails
- Utilities and Insurance
- All heating, air conditioning, electricity, water, sewer, waste removal, pest control for the residences and common areas
- Individual heating and air conditioning controls in each residence
- Property and liability insurance for assets of Bethany Village (insurance on contents is the resident’s responsibility)
- Pre-wired telephone in each residence (monthly charges are the resident’s responsibility)
What are the age requirements for admission to Bethany Village?
Persons must be 62 years of age or older.
What healthcare services and accommodations are available at Bethany Village?
Bethany Village is committed to helping older adults experience dignity and wholeness while meeting a wide range of healthcare needs. Bethany Village is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)/Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CCAC). This status signifies that Bethany meets the most stringent standards in the areas of facilities, finance and resident quality of life. The Bethany Village licensed nursing home and assisted living residence received deficiency-free surveys by the Ohio Department of Health in 2004, 2005, 2009, and 2012. Our onsite healthcare services include:
- 24-hour emergency nursing assistance
- Assisted Living
- Long-term care in the Linden House
- Short-term skilled nursing services in the Rehabilitation Center
- Memory-Supportive Care (Courtyard Park) for people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
How do I become a resident?
Becoming a resident is a simple four-step process:
1. Choose the preferred residence and complete the application for residency and a financial verification form.
2. Within 30 days, your application for residency will be reviewed.
3. Following the review and approval of your application, you will be asked to sign the Residency Agreement and pay a deposit equal to 10 percent of the entrance fee selected.
4. When your residence is nearly ready for you to occupy, you will schedule your move to Bethany Village and pay the 90 percent balance of the entrance fee at the time you move in.
What is my next step?
Today, more than ever before, people are recognizing the importance of planning ahead for retirement. Your next step is to schedule an appointment with one of our marketing counselors.
At Bethany Village, you’ll continue to enjoy life just the way you like it, with the added freedom from worries about home maintenance, your well-being and burdening your children. You’ll be free to travel — a number of our residents head south or west for the winter — confident that your Bethany home will be safeguarded while you’re away. You’ll discover regular Bethany community events to help you get connected to your neighbors.
The most important benefit of a Bethany lifestyle is that you’re creating a sound plan for the future. Please contact one of our senior living counselors at (937) 436-6850 to learn more about Bethany Village.